Volunteer Appreciation Series: Karena!



Time for another Volunteer of the Month! Each month, we try to highlight the work of a special volunteer as part of an ongoing effort to give a little bit back to our wonderful cadre of volunteers who give so much to BEBHS’ animals.

August’s Volunteer of the Month, Karena, is a phenomenal help to our dog kennels and hospital! Our canine coordinator Kris says, “Karena has volunteered for a long time as a Canine Friend, she even does the real early morning shift from 7-9am which is the most important of all shifts! She also helps out in the hospital every week”.

In Karena’s words:

To  me, volunteering at the Humane Society means reaching out to the cats and dogs without a home, and probably haven't had a helping hand reached out to them for quite some time. Bonding with an animal gives me access to undying friendship, loyalty, and fluffy goodness that warms my heart and eases my wrinkles! I started volunteering at the Humane Society because a lot (6, to be exact) of my cats at home came from shelters, and I wanted to give back to the shelters that gave my cats a second chance, so that I could adopt them and love them for all time! I hope to become a veterinarian for shelter animals in the future to keep giving to all the amazing animals in the world!


We are so thankful to have Karena’s help. We couldn’t do it without dedicated volunteers like our amazing Karena!

Do you want to become a Canine Friend or Hospital Volunteer like Karena? (Or lend a hand however you can?) Learn about how to become a volunteer at BEBHS by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment