April Volunteer of the Month: Jamie




Jamie came on board the Berkeley Humane volunteer team after the revival of our post-fire volunteer program in 2010. Her commitment has never wavered, and Jamie continues to be a tremendous asset as a Feline Friend at our Adoption Center.

Our Cat Coordinator Cathy Marden says about Jamie, "I know I can count on her to socialize the cats, greet the public, and help out around the adoption center. She is always friendly and outgoing, and is willing to help out with any random task that pops up. Jamie is great with both cats and people! She makes everyone feel welcome in the cat room and enthusiastically engages potential adopters. Jamie's sincere personality is disarming and helps create a calm atmosphere in the cat adoption room."

Jamie shares a bit on her volunteer experience at Berkeley Humane:

"What brought me to Berkeley Humane? It's simple. I love cats. Just ask my husband. I would take them all home if I could. However, having lived in a home with too many cats growing up, I have imposed a strict two-cat limit for our house. The thing is, I have enough love in me for way more than just two cats, so I cherish my time volunteering at the shelter where I can share that love, helping kitties find their humans... and vice versa."

A cat always knows a kindred spirit when they meet one. Jamie seems to know what makes each cat purr almost immediately, can make the shyest cats come out of their shells, and is also a talented match maker for adopters. For Jamie and the kitties at Berkeley Humane, it's a match made in heaven!

Are you feeling inspired by Jamie's experience? If you’re interested in learning about volunteering at Berkeley Humane, click here to find out how!

No comments:

Post a Comment