After BEBHS: Sara

This week's post adoption story features Sara (pooch) and Carrie (human), one of BEBHS's prized staff members. We adore it when BEBHS staffers adopt animals from our shelter. It's hard not to fall in love with the animals we meet and come to know during their time with us!

Carrie has been a dedicated and hard-working member of our accounting staff and sadly is leaving us for new adventures. We'll miss her big smiles and unwavering dedication to the mission of Berkeley Humane, but she'll always have a little piece of BEBHS love with her in Sara's companionship. And we'll always count ourselves among the most fortunate to have them as BEBHS alums. Happy tails to you both!!


The day Carrie adopted Sara.


On January 13th, 2013 I walked into the shelter here at BEBHS and I was told there was a cute little white chihuahua.  I went into the back and there she was, her name was Sara. It was love at first sight. I held her tight, and didn't want to let her go. I decided to foster her for a week or so and in that week I took her to Petco and bought her a new sweater, harness, and little jacket. I knew in my heart she was going to be mine. We became best of friends and she never wanted to leave my side. On January 20th, I failed. Foster failed that is. I signed the papers and she officially became mine.
Sara at work with her mommy.

I kept her name Sara, because it fit her so well. She was like a little princess. From then on I never looked back. She is my life. I bring her here to work with me everyday. It is such a joy to be able to bring your companion to work. I sit there and work at my desk and look down at her on her blanket and she looks at me with those little brown eyes. She gives me unconditional love. When I am not with her for a few hours and I come home, the tail is a wagging. She is so happy to see me as I am her.


We go for walks together at Lake Merritt. She is like the daughter I never had. In July of this year, Sara and I will be taking a trip to meet her grandparents and aunts in the great state of Maine. Yup, it is a long journey but I could not bear to be without her for two weeks. Ms. Sara will be in her little travel bag under the seat in front of me on the plane. I love my little Sara. I cant wait to take her on other journeys. She is my pride and joy. My life wouldn't be the same without her.





Taking a nap while mommy works.

No comments:

Post a Comment