Volunteer Appreciation Series: Aline!




To kick-off our new Volunteer Appreciation Series, we continue our week of appreciation for those who serve so tirelessly for BEBHS. Check back on our blog each day during National Volunteer Week to read about different volunteers and their experiences at Berkeley Humane!

Aline has been a volunteer with our organization since 2007 and has helped in a multitude of capacities. Medical Director Dr. Bela Kisamov notes that Aline is a tremendous help on spay/neuter days in our veterinary hospital, which are often very hectic and busy days, and are always made smoother and more efficient thanks to Aline's incredible help.

"Behind Aline's quiet demeanor is one of the best, most reliable volunteers we've ever had and we are all deeply appreciative of her undying commitment." -Cristina Verduzco, Volunteer Mananger

A note from Aline:
I’ve been a volunteer off and on at BEBHS for approximately 6 years.  As a volunteer, I am proud to say I have done a little bit of everything! I’ve sold beverages in a booth, to having dogs paint, fostering kittens in my home (and adopting 2 of them, yes I am a foster failure!), dog walking, bringing in dog treats and cat toys, and socializing cats/kittens that are in house (sick, ringworm, or just returned with no foster yet).

[My dog] Harley was 2010 Lead Dog in Bay to Barkers and fundraised over $3000 for BEBHS!  I continue to volunteer during the spay/neuter clinics.  This is why I love working at BEBHS, I get to do a little bit of everything and do it all for the animals!

Aline, the help you have given Berkeley Humane over the years is truly priceless.  Thank you for your unwavering support! Our hats are off to you.









No comments:

Post a Comment