After BEBHS: Zuki


 Madeline sent us the most wonderful update on life with Zuki and Pepita. What a fun and loving family – they look like four peas in a pod! J

A colleague of mine at the UC Berkeley Microlab, (a volunteer at BEBHS at that time in 2008) suggested that I get a companion for my other dog, a female chihuahua mix named Pepita, rescued from BACS in Sept. 2004. My partner and I adopted Maggie May (renamed now Zuki) on Sept. 26, 2008 at the age of 2.

She has been a great addition to the household by her energy, her fun playing, her good disposition towards the other pets (2 male cats and Pepita). She has been thriving and in excellent health, despite her history of joint problems. She is examined yearly by the Broadway Pet Hospital. 




I take the two dogs almost every day to the Aquatic Park for running and chasing squirrels, gofers, moles, rats. 


At 66, for the first time in my life
having two small dogs to take care of, has been a blessing and I'm enjoying them immensely.


Madeleine, Zuki and Pepita

Ray, Zuki and Pepita

----------------
After BEBHS is a weekly post where we will feature notes and photos from animals rescued by BEBHS and adopted into their forever homes.  If you've adopted a pet from us, we would love to hear from you! Please send update and photos to ksmitley@berkeleyhumane.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment