At this time tomorrow, we will be on the tail end (pardon the pun) of the 15th annual Bay to Barkers event--will it be a success?  Will it be warm enough to go without a jacket?  Will community be built?  Funds raised?  These are but a few of the questions that cross my mind as I finish up my 3rd week as Development Director for the Berkeley-East Bay Humane Society.

In all honesty, I've never been a blogger before.  Why?  Certainly not because I don't love writing, or sharing my thoughts, or anything like that.  Just felt somewhat intimidated about it, I suppose.  But now, I've decided that I might as well just be myself.  And here I am--a brand new employee at the BEBHS and LOVING IT!  Okay, I know I am still in the first month, the honeymoon period, if you will.  But I expect that it's going to stay good.  Because I flat out love animals--almost all of them.  Nothing brings tears to my eyes faster than a precious animal, especially one that needs help, or just love.  I'm a softie when it comes to dogs.  And I'm a fundraiser.  So what a great marriage of my true love and the gifts that I have to offer in a work setting.  I couldn't be happier, more excited and more energized about doing my job--and I can bring my 4-legged friend Shuggie to work, too!

So...if you are reading this, and you make it out to Golden Gate Fields tomorrow --Sunday, July 29--noon to 4:00--PLEASE find me, and say hello.  If you are a dog lover too, we'll chat about our furry friends.  About the shelter.  Maybe about the fire, or our exciting plans to rebuild.  Or our fabulous director Corinne.  Whatever--do COME!  (Be sure to come in the Buchanan entrance!)

Stephanie Brown
www.berkeleyhumane.org/newsevents/events

No comments:

Post a Comment